Saturday, March 3, 2012

Pancakes, new toys, bicycle adventures...oh my.

It's been a great week!  Oftentimes when I go to write this blog up and it's been more than a day or two since the previous one, I have to go look in my journal and other places that I write about what we do throughout the day because we do SO MUCH.  There are times where I feel like all we do is sit around and watch cartoons, but come the end of that day, I look back and can't even remember everything we did!  All of the curious conversations, funny moments, and times of exploration.  And it kills me that I cannot record it ALL, I don't want to forget a single minute of it all!!

Anyway, here is a bit of what we've been up to this week:

-Scanning play dough in the scanner

-Reading comics

-Making a rug


-Attempting to build a "rain shelter" out of a laundry basket and some wood scraps

-Navigated through town (kids telling me which way to turn to get home)

-Library (of course!)

 -Dress-up and Yahtzee Jr. (cover your eyes for this one, Uncle Chris!! :P )

-Pippi Longstocking

-Learning how to handle broken glass

-Experiments with toothpaste

-Vacuuming...

-Raisin hunting

-Sam made us pancakes


-And the kids wanted to eat them while cartooning.

-Microsope-ing

 -Puzzles and Spirograph-ing

-Disassembling a plastic DVD case to figure out how it works

-Inspecting dissection tools, a sheep brain, kidney and heart, and a cow eyeball

-Brook was using my camera to take photos, but got frustrated that the external flash's battery wasn't recharging fast enough.

-Bed jumping

-Pillow-People costumes

-Discussing and Googling "sound waves"

-We got a carload of homeschooling supplies from another homeschooling family that is moving.  SO many fun things!  Looks like we won't be leaving the house this week either...sigh.

-This western fence lizard wanted to go home with Russ.

-Tree-climbing.  I mean really, how could you NOT climb this tree?!


-Brooklyn and our lizard buddy, having a quiet moment

-A visit to Lawrence Hall of Science (for Russ and the kids at least, I sat this one out and hit up the thrift store for some great finds!)

-Skeleton puzzle!

 -Picnicking

-Biking to Sycamore Valley park


-Marbleworks

-Dangerous inventions (they call this their DNA roller coaster)

...and that's all I can remember!

Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment