Friday, June 11, 2010

Playing Catchup.

Lots of random photos here...

Sam has a tough time with eating sometimes--even if it's something he knows he likes like PB&J he'll fling it across the room. Infuriating. One day Brooklyn sat next to him and was copying things I've tried a million times (the airplane into the mouth trick, reverse psychology, etc.) but this time IT WORKED. And they both loved it.

Ironically, over the past couple of weeks I've been transitioning to more raw and organic foods (lots of fruit, veggies, legumes, etc.) and although there's still frustration at the table, it surprisingly hasn't been as bad as I thought! I think a lot of it is that I'm trying to make it as kid friendly as I can.


This was my Mother's Day gift. Sort of. I had the perfect Mother's Day--we just hung out and did whatever. I've been wanting to make a few of these types of frame things for awhile and Russ helped me (okay, actually I helped him...as in, I held it) build it. It was supposed to be about half that size (in my head), but Russ believes bigger to be better, right? Hmmm. It now has 2 hanging baskets, lots of herbs growing on the bottom shelf and our shell collection on the top.


Sam drives me crazy. He cannot sit still. Don't get me wrong, I'm so glad he's curious about so many things, but this kid really keeps me on my toes. While I'm getting ready he loves to come in the bathroom and flush the toilet 1,204 times, dig through the garbage, turn the shower on, empty the cupboards, dismantle the vacuum and pull the blinds up and down and up and down and up and....yeeeeeeah.


We like to go over to Jackson and Ashton's house to "ride bikes". This is what Brooklyn TELLS me she wants to do. However, whenever we do this, the bike doesn't get touched. She's too busy putting the pedal to the metal.



The kids were being extra good this day and we just had to go get some ice cream.


I love this picture. You'd never guess what they're watching. Sam is obsessed with rockets and LOVES to watch launches. They count down and scream BLASTOFF!!!!! Pretty cute.


I went to wake Brooklyn up from her nap and saw that she'd stolen my sunglasses and worn them to bed. Such a funny girl.


Frogs like our yard. We like frogs. Poor frogs.






Abby came for another visit while her parents were out of town. Sam had mixed feelings about her. When he wanted to play with her, she was expected to play. When he DIDN'T want her to play...oy. Heaven forbid she even look at him...he was crazy. But was so sweet--whenever Sam saw her laying down, he ran to his room to grab his special blankie and put it on her. She is such a good sport--it was roasting inside, but she kept the blanket on.


See what I mean about such a good sport? She's so good with these two crazies.


But loves her rough and tumble time too. The kids saw her like this and ran the other way, lol.


I keep buying new balls for Sam after every time Abby visits because they get destroyed, which is fine. Thank heavens for couponing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment