Saturday, January 28, 2012

This week in the Teeter house.


So, this week we did some experimenting... Both kids had to try this (neither relying on the results form the other). Oranges are juicy right...why not use a straw?!

We went rappelling (with Mommy's scarf, now turned bungee cord/leash/rope).

We built a swing (this was taken after Sam was outside by himself swinging...stopped...pulled his pants down and sat down in his undies to swing. He then pulled his pants up after this and kept swinging. I asked him if he was testing the differences. "Yes. It's colder when you're only in your undies." Duly noted.).

Comics were read.

Sam is a huge fan of the show How It's Made and begs to watch it every day. Lucky us, Netflix has THIRTEEN SEASONS on Instant Watch. It's funny because he will often say randomly throughout the day, "Huh, I wonder how this is made." Everything from balloons to forks to bath toys...

It rained. It was cold, but Brooklyn braved it. I had to laugh because when I went out to check on her (doesn't she look lonely?! Turns out she was just having "quiet time".), my neighbor said as he's hoping in his truck to take his kids to school, "I told her to stay out of the water and stay clean for you." I thanked him and as he drove away I said, "Brooklyn, get as wet and dirty as you want, babe."

Brooklyn loves to make breakfast for us (lucky me!!). She truly is a master chef when it comes to eggs and toast! She can do 100% of it by herself. I love hearing her in the morning, "Mom, Sam, your breakfast is ready!" Ahhhh...

Darcy, this photo is for you! Here's our "train". It's quite awesome in fact...especially when it's Russ that's pulling it!

I put labels on the kids dresser drawers this week. Not sure what took me so long to do it because it helps SO much. The kids had a hay day grabbing all of their clothes out of the clean clothes piles and at first stuffed them in their drawers. But then Brooklyn says, "Hey, check out how I fold mine!" Then Sam said, "I can do that too!" And they spent a half hour folding and putting their clothes away!! I was wondering if I should pinch myself in case I was dreaming...

There was a tea party. But first, all of the tea party dishes had to be washed...of course. (Note the absence of a mirror above the sink...yeah, that's the one that I broke into a million pieces. Helloooooo 7 years of bad luck!)

Tea party! She even made me an invitation, made treats and filled up everyone's teacups.

Balloons!

Sam taught my couch cushions a lesson....again.

Goodbye you disgusting, non-functioning dishwasher...

Helloooooo shiny new one that works fantastically!!

Eggs were peeled...

...and sliced. (and eaten.)

More balloon fun!

More rainy days! ...complete with a floating boat.

This is one of those little moments that you want to fold up and put in your pocket to keep for forever. Sam and I were playing with his puzzles. He would make a pattern and I would say it. Soon enough he started trying to "trick" me by messing up the pattern. I would say it in an incredulous way and this kid was all but rolling on the floor in laughter. I haven't seen him in such gut-busting laughter in a long time. It was so freaking sweet.

Brooklyn's rope finally arrived!! I cannot tell you how many stinking hours she has spent with this thing this week. Directly after opening this, we went outside (approximately noon), and came back in at 5pm. It was the same for the next day. And the next.

Grrr, my pictures are out of order. This is what Brooklyn's cardboard house looked like--I love the colors!

Chore charts were picked out and printed, we brainstormed about what chores should be done before cartoons/game playing in the mornings.


We had LOTS of fun with the Cuisinaire rods I ordered.


Sam loves to show off how fast he can sprint.

One of Brooklyn's MANY inventions...a chair swing.

We made some delicious (and healthy!) cookies, which turned out a bit too crumbly, so we made them into granola! YUM.

There was finger painting. Both kids knew exactly what they wanted. Brook wanted to paint only her left hand herself, and wanted me to do her right hand--blue nail polish with another coat of sparkles on top. Sam wanted ONLY blue on his right hand and ONLY sparkles on his left hand. Funny kids.

There were word puzzles. I forgot I'd bookmarked this website where you can make a bunch of your own word puzzles. Brooklyn LOVED these this week!!

I love weekends. Lately we've done a lot of just chilling out. It seems we all run and run all week we just want to stick around the house and be lazy all weekend. The boys were watching How It's Made and after an episode or two, this is what I found. I love my boys!!

There was some serious fashion going on...inside-out sweater, inside-out jeans, and rain boots (on a sunny day). I love my oh-so-fashionable kiddos!!

Other adventures this week:

-playing outside with the neighbor kids ALL.DAY.LONG.
-a visit to the Toyota dealership
-lots more experiments
-lots of games
-ninja fighting, arm wrestling, tree climbing, sprinting, scootering, biking, etc.
-sun prints
-holding breath under water
-plotting the path Brooklyn's rope took to get to her
-way more than I can actually write here, lol.


Noteable quotes this week:

Sam (overheard him talking to himself in the bathroom): "Fart, pee, fart, pee...hey, I MADE A PATTERN. MOM, COME LISTEN TO MY PATTERN!!!"

Brooklyn: “I have pretty good inventions don’t I?? I just squish my brain together and they pop out.”

3 comments:

  1. ohmigod, I love your kids!!!! and you :) okay and Russ too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohmigod, I love your kids!!! and you! okay, and Russ too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're such an awesome mom. Makes me wish I could do it all over again! Old ladies at the store would say,"enjoy all those kids, they grow up so soon." And I would think, "every day is 5000 years- it'll NEVER end!". But guess what?.....And it DOES happen so fast! I'm so glad you're making a record of it. It's lots of work, but it's such GOOD work. Thanks for letting us enjoy it a little bit with you!

    ReplyDelete