Monday, July 22, 2013

May!


Okay, getting back on track...have been doing lots of awesome projects that I can't wait to show you all!  But Must.Get.Caught.Up.

We decided to take a walk to the park one afternoon.  Sam and Russ were well ahead of Brook and I when we got sidetracked by the ants.
 

She and I observed for a good 45 minutes...it was amazing!  There were at least 4 different kinds of ants just on a section of our street and they all seemed to function a bit differently.  What was amazing was watching each nest--there were some ants that seemed to be scavengers, bringing food back to the nest.  Then there were others that were bringing garbage out.  Then others that were seemingly milling around, but I'm sure they had a purpose...anyway, quite fascinating.
And no, we never did make it to the park to join the boys, ha!
 

Sam, my gamer.  Could be cards, could be Nintendo, could be board games, could be the computer, could be social games...today he chose chess.  And I was impressed that he already knew how to start playing and what some of the pieces did!

My Gamer Boy is also my Vacuum Boy. 
He tore up little pieces of toilet paper so he could suck them all up.

Snuggly kitty time.

Growth spurt!

Brook stayed up late one night and when I woke up the next morning, I found this.
Yes, I cried.

Typical Albuquerque sunsets.

More jump photos!

Aaaand we're done with jump photos.

Princess Peach photo bomb!

They love each other so much...most of the time...

And guess what!  We bought a house!!...which I'm sure most of you are probably already aware.
But I'm finally posting about it!!  Ha.
We didn't sign on the house until 4pm, which means we didn't get out of signing until 6:30pm, which means we weren't sure we would be able to stay in our new house for the first night.
But we made it!!  We ran out to the house to get the key, ran back home (30 minute drive) to load up all of the essentials (mattresses, a change of clothes, some food, laptop...) and headed back out.

We knew this house was huge, but seeing it empty...it was ENORMOUS!  Especially since it's more than twice the size of any other house we've rented or owned!  It took the kids days to figure out what rooms were where.  It's true, they actually got lost...hehe.

So we spent the first night playing Spot It on the living room floor.

I had to post this photo, it makes me laugh every time I see it.
I have wanted a mortar and pestle for so long and when I saw this one at Costco for a great price, I snatched that baby up!  ...but I didn't realize it needed seasoned (grinding white rice in it until the ground rice stays white...make sense?).  So Russ got to work on it for me...love him!


Alright, time to get crack-a-lackin' on June!

No comments:

Post a Comment